Custom Search

Friday, January 2, 2009

Supplier Relationship Management

As the acting Supplier Relationship Manager for my clients, I must take responsibility for managing problem resolutions. I create the relationships, train the individuals involved, and ensure that smaller issues are not masking larger problems before handing over the reigns to the hotel employees.

This process involves a great deal of discussion, scheduling, documenting problems and solutions, status update meetings (usually con calls at present) and resolution follow-ups.

New hotel and motel owners are often too tempted to bypass these fundamental yet vital steps to ensure effective communication between staff and their suppliers.

I have spent a long week making phone call after phone call to suppliers… Or should I say, I have spent a long week talking to answering machines belonging to suppliers. What has the world of customer service come to? I don’t expect an answer around the clock but during office hours… Surely that’s not too much to ask?

Which is where I harp back to my previous phone call to www.hotelsystems.co.uk

My conversation with Tristan was unlike discussions with other hotel booking software suppliers. Despite my lack of respect for time differences, the telephone was answered immediately (unlike the answering machines I speak to when contacting other hospitality suppliers) with a cheerful and accommodating tone.

I was listened to, and the improvement initiatives I offered were gratefully taken on board, whilst Tristan worked away at fully customizing the hotel booking software for my client. This is a company that understands the concept of improving efficiency and profitability without the need to jump from crisis to crisis in order for these improvements to be made.

A rather rare find in my opinion.

No comments: