Custom Search

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hotel Booking Software - Review 2


Today has been an enjoyable and informative (if not so productive) business day. As I mentioned in my previous post, Tristan from hotelsystems.co.uk is in the process of updating the booking software to embrace the varying requests of the hotel industry. So, after an hour of begging and pleading (I have no shame!) Tristan agreed to give me a sneak preview of his work in progress.

I’m always nervous when any of my preferred software is updated and supposedly improved. Will the level of functionality remain high? Will it be as user-friendly? Will it remain efficient to use? I was thrilled to discover that the answers to these questions were yes, yes, and yes again.

The booking system offered by hotelsystems.co.uk is one of an increasing plethora of applications that promise to be the perfect addition to your hotel, make your motel more productive, and eradicate the possibility of double booking. However, the difference between this booking system and the others on the market is the slimline efficiency and level of detail provided.

I noticed a number of definite improvements, including:
1. Credit card number encryption in the database.
2. The highlighting of bank holiday dates in the booking calendar.
3. An extended payment section to allow the special addition of payments – Which permits for the addition of details to a report, allowing users to reconcile the deposit payments for bookings against their takings.

Plus, these developments have been made without hindering the intuitiveness of the program; bookings flowed in a highly logical manner and I was never left wondering which button to click or function to use.

I cannot recommend this software enough.

I am, however, extremely keen to discover alternative hotel booking systems for small to medium sized hotels, motels, and guest houses. So, if you know of hotel booking software that is more efficient or detailed than the system offered by http://www.hotelsystems.co.uk/ please contact me on eharradine@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for reading!

Emma



1 comment:

Allvira said...

Booking hotels before arriving to London or anywhere will always be useful and pocket friendly option. Do go for London Hotels booking today and make your journey hassle free totally.
Thanks
Allvira